…I want to wake up by your side
How is it September already?
August really flew by this year, and I feel like the months just slipping through my fingers like sand in an hour glass (or something else equally poetic) has become the theme for these wrap-up posts. To be fair, come November I’ll be screaming “can’t it just be Christmas already??”, so not really sure I can be the one to talk, but right now at least, I feel like the days are passing just that bit too quickly.
August has been great though, and I’ve gotten to:
- Start the month in France, plus stay in both a little gite + a tent in a campsite
- Go swimming in a French lake + “float” across said lake on a homemade raft
- Explore Tence and Chenereilles with Harvey
- Bring Harvey back to Norway with me for three weeks, and show him my home in proper summer-gear
- Spend more time with my nephew, plus introduce him to Harvey
- Start my third year of uni!
- Meet a lot of wonderful new people
- Translate a few more services
- Get back into my guide job and start a new part-time cleaning job on the side
- Get some more writing done for the business
- Receive 38 postcards through Postcrossing (!!!)
- Spend Friday-Sunday at a hotel in a neighbouring city, basically being thrown into the deep end with student politics, at my uni’s Student Parliament’s kick off-seminar
- Sleep in 7 different beds; in Chenereilles, at the camp site, at home-home, on an air mattress in the flat, in my own bed in my own flat, in a hotel with Harvey and in the hotel with the Student Parliament
What a month! Thanks for stopping by and having a look, and I hope you’re having a wonderful day.