I can feel the scent of roses in the air, it’s June in January
Nope, it’s most definitely not January, but January might as well have been yesterday.
This year is flying by, and I’m both here for it and a little bit worried about it. June’s brought music, it’s brought people, sunny weather and moments I’ve never experienced before. I spent the beginning of June working at the cathedral, the middle of June “holidaying” at home with cups of tea and read-for-joy books, and on the last day of June, my sister had her baby boy and I got to say hello to my little nephew. He was born at 04:35 am, and we got to come meet him at 2 pm. I’ve never seen so small and “new” a baby before, but he was absolutely wonderful.
June was also the month I registered my little business, and now I’m officially self-employed in my own one-woman-company that deals with text production, copywriting and translation. What a crazy month.
So, in bullet points, June has consisted of:
- Getting all my exam marks back
- Having my last day before summer at the cathedral-job
- Having my first day of summer at the library-job
- Starting up my own little company
- Sleepovers and lazy breakfasts with friends
- Saying goodbye to a lot of wonderful study friends that are going away on uni exchanges next year
- Setting up a summer reading list
- Sending 13 postcards through PostCrossing
- Making a lot of tea
- Getting completely and utterly obsessed with the new Good Omens mini series
- Meeting my nephew for the first time
I hope June’s been kind to you, and I’m excited to see what July brings! It’s going to be a good one this year, I can feel it.