And there goes July. I’ve spent the last two weeks in small French mountain villages, driving along winding forest roads, swimming in a lake and eating more cheese than anyone should eat in a lifetime – let alone a summer (of course this is not true at all, if you find yourself some really good brie there is never a reason to not just eat all of it). There was not a lot of phone reception and even less internet to acquire, and so this post is a bit late. But as Harvey and I are on the train-tram-plane x2-coach journey home now, it seemed like a good time to post the July wrap-up post and video!
July’s been a good one on many accords.
I’ve gotten to:
- Get to know, to hold and spend a lot of time with my new nephew!!
- Work at the library
- “Farm” radishes
- Do a lot of baking and cooking
- Get to know my sister’s husband’s family better as they came and stayed with us for a week
- Fish for crabs again like we did when we were children
- Travel to France on my own
- Stay a night with a (lovely) family who I didn’t know at all (but who literally saved me), because Harvey’s plane (from England) got cancelled and suddenly I was stuck in Lyon all alone
- Go to a beautiful wedding in St Segolene
- Eat my own body weight in French brie and baguettes
- Know and stay with Harvey’s family, which was lovely
- Get a little bit of a tan!
So this has been my July; new nephew, work, food and France. Not a bad month summed up. And Harvey’s come back to Norway with me, and is staying for another 3 weeks, so fingers crossed August will be wonderful too.
I hope you’re having a wonderful day!