Nope, it’s most definitely not January, but January might as well have been yesterday.
This year is flying by, and I’m both here for it and a little bit worried about it. June’s brought music, it’s brought people, sunny weather and moments I’ve never experienced before. I spent the beginning of June working at the cathedral, the middle of June “holidaying” at home with cups of tea and read-for-joy books, and on the last day of June, my sister had her baby boy and I got to say hello to my little nephew. He was born at 04:35 am, and we got to come meet him at 2 pm. I’ve never seen so small and “new” a baby before, but he was absolutely wonderful.
June was also the month I registered my little business, and now I’m officially self-employed in my own one-woman-company that deals with text production, copywriting and translation. What a crazy month.
So, in bullet points, June has consisted of:
- Getting all my exam marks back
- Having my last day before summer at the cathedral-job
- Having my first day of summer at the library-job
- Starting up my own little company
- Sleepovers and lazy breakfasts with friends
- Saying goodbye to a lot of wonderful study friends that are going away on uni exchanges next year
- Setting up a summer reading list
- Sending 13 postcards through PostCrossing
- Making a lot of tea
- Getting completely and utterly obsessed with the new Good Omens mini series
- Meeting my nephew for the first time
I hope June’s been kind to you, and I’m excited to see what July brings! It’s going to be a good one this year, I can feel it.